Friday, August 3, 2012

i love my sister

Today is my sisters birthday. I can't explain to you how much I love this woman! I always tell my friends I want to be just like her when I grow up which is pretty difficult since she is 4 years older than me and keeps getting better with age - I don't know if I can ever catch up. She is slow to anger (I'm guessing she reads the book of Proverbs a lot ), super generous, super patient and gives good advice - such a woman of GOD.

Birthday celebration in Joburg many moons ago

I can't remember the last time we were together for her birthday but I always try to send a gift (and its almost always a cookbook- sorry sis for the lack of creativity but its always a sure thing LOL). Did I mention she is our very own barefoot contessor.  She can salvage any dish I manage to ruin - but be warned, you need to step away from the stove once you have handed over the wooden spoon.



Sis - I miss you and love you and hope and pray one of these days we will be under the same roof or at least the same city, for your birthday so I can spoil you like a good sister should. Have a wonderful birthday filled with tons of blessings (read gifts too) - and thanks for being around for mom and dad while I behave like a typical little sister.

cruising to mozambique - good fun




1 comment: