Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Visits from afar

Amongst my close friends here in Korea, I think I have been the most spoiled with visitors. Last year the BF came for a visit. Last month my friend flew to Vietnam to meet me; 2 weeks later my other friend came to Korea to visit me. And not too long ago my sister and her friend confirmed their flights to come and visit me for Christmas - Blessed much? I think so too.

While Zama was in Korea we had a ton of fun (and spent a lot of money) while enduring the summer heat that Korea has on offer. We spent 4 days in Seoul, 3 days in Jeju, 2 days in Busan, then ended her trip in Korea with my first love and my city, Daegu. Here is our story in pictures :

greetings - never too far from home
                          
palace courtyards

this is not a laughing matter :)


The most beautiful garden in the world


View from 45 metres under the sea - submarine ride, Jeju
gift shopping - the largest department store in the world
duck boat rides by the lake
We really had a good time, visiting DMZ (border of North and South Korea), introducing her to Korean cuisine, eating regularly with chopsticks, gift shopping, hopping on rides at the amusement park, bike riding, boat paddling, sun tanning (not really LOL), submarine riding, temple and palace visiting and loads more.

Final thoughts
Thank you again to my friends and family who have made such an effort to stay in touch and even visit me while living abroad. Some days are really tough out here, especially around special events like birthdays, weddings or when a new family member is born. But seeing someone from home or receiving a care pack or even a post card, can make all the difference and give you that boost of energy you needed to get through a difficult spell. So thank you so much for the love, I appreciate it. I'll be home soon, excitement is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment